The Flash plugin is NOT installedApril 4, 2009...... at 1:41 pm | Posted in geek | 2 Comments
I cannot believe this is still a problem in Intrepid but anyway, having jumped through hoops in Hardy to get flash installed I hope to save someone else a whole lot of jumping.
The problem manifests itself when you install flash only to find its not actually been installed because of the md5 or sha256sum sum mismatch. Fix compliments of wikidot
Once you fix this problem you then get hit with a gzip not in supported format error.
- Error Message: md5sum mismatch install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz
or “sha256sum mismatch install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz”
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
cannot unpack plugin
The Flash plugin is NOT installed.
- sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
- sudo nano /var/lib/dpkg/info/flashplugin-nonfree.postinst
- comment out:
#echo “cd29f16… install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz”| sha256sum -c > /dev/null 2>&1
# || fp_exit_with_error “sha256sum mismatch install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz”
#echo “0fd… install_flash_player_10_linux/libflashplayer.so”| sha256sum -c > /dev/null 2>&1 # || fp_exit_with_error “plugin changed, not trusted”
- comment out:
- tar xvf /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
- tar czvf /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz install_flash_player_10_linux/
- sudo dpkg-reconfigure flashplugin-nonfree
- put /var/cache/flashplugin-nonfree as the directory